Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I’M THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!!

Lucy and I have been together for over 8 years. Our first “date” was to see Titanic. She was working at a local grocery store that I spent most of the 90’s practically living in. I had worked there since junior year in high school and would quit and comeback at least once every couple of years.
It was during one of those off years that the movie came out. I was in a fraternity and for obvious reasons couldn’t get any of the guys to see it with me.
Lucy had been one of those people you know but you don’t know and agreed to go see it with me. Lucy was a football trainer so needless to say if the movie went south then I still got to spend 3 hours with a hot girl. Anyways it’s not like it was a date or anything. Being the blockhead I am I was really just wanting to see the movie. Just 2 friends going to a movie.
On the way to pick her up somebody asked who I was going on a date with.
“It’s not a date.”
“Are you buying her dinner?”
“ Well yeah. I mean I gotta eat. It would be rude not to offer her something too.”
“Are you paying for her ticket?”
“I guess… it was my idea and all. What am I going to say, “don’t forget your wallet””
“Well I hate to tell you, but your going on a date tonight”
“Whatever dude. Titanic looks AWESOME!!”

Lucy had a backup plan. The ole phone call during dinner trick.
No emergencies to rush off to that night…guessed I passed the test.

The movie was good. Boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boat sinks….but that’s where the comparison ends. After all these years, though, we may have hit a couple of icebergs; our boat has turned into the most amazing thing I have ever seen.

3 comments:

WILLIAM said...

Charlie, Welcome to the blogging world. Good start. If you get a chance Email me. my email address is on my Blogger profile.

Anonymous said...

Did you get a kiss goodnight? Or did you go down with the ship?

Anonymous said...

Charlie,

I think you're doing great so far. I think you should just jump right in and start talking. Your "profile" will let us know who you are, right? Profile?

I love reading what you dads have to say and you are great writers, very funny!!!

Anonymous Teri